OPIsystems Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Intermediate Accountant. This position will be located out of our Head Office in Calgary, Alberta.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer; the Accountant holds the responsibility for the timely and accurate Financial Statement preparation and analysis. This position will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for processing, recording, updating and reconciling information in compliance with establish policies.
- Accounting Monthly Cycle
- Accountability for the full-cycle accounting process
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of the GL’s in OPI’s financial ERP
- Monthly reconciliation of OPI’s intercompany ledger with USA-affiliated company “Integris”
- Posting bank adjustments to the GL for both OPI and Integris
- Monthly reconciliation and adjustments for a manufacturing company – inventory, COGS, and deferred revenue
- Monthly Integris state tax analysis and remittance report
- Reconcile and review the P&L for the entire company and each department
- Overseeing and mentoring the other functions in the accounting department (AP/AR/Payroll/Taxation)
- Accounting Semi-Annual cycle for OPIsystems and Integris
- All Monthly accountabilities
- Assist the production team with preparing inventory count sheets
- Year-End Accounting Close for OPIsystems and Integris
- Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis, Inventory valuation and year-end close process
- All semi-annual accountabilities
- Year-end account reconciliation including FX adjustments for foreign currency accounts
- Capital asset depreciation analysis and summary
- Ensure the annual accounting cycle is reconciled and closed for a CCPC (Canadian Private Corporate)
Ad Hoc Queries and Request for Accounting and GL Information
- Queries and information requests for Accounting and GL information
Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- 3-5 years related experience in full cycle accounting
- Knowledge of the Infor ERP Visual ERP system
- Proven experience in taking responsibility for full-cycle accounting processes policies and systems.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude in dealing with private and confidential information; uses diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
- Team player with ability to motivate and lead
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter below or forward it to HR@opisystems.com.
For over 30 years, OPI has provided leading-edge grain management solutions to the worldwide marketplace. OPI has empowered over 25,000 farm and commercial customers in over 45 countries to effectively manage their grain in storage and prevent losses. Recently, OPI has entered into the cloud-based arena and is expanding its OPI Blue platform in a number of areas, such as the incorporation of automated control capabilities that currently reside in its Integris Pro platform.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.