OPIsystems Inc. is seeking a seasoned professional Director of Supply Chain and Operations. You must have extensive knowledge and experience managing electronics-based manufacturing. Preferably with Ag-based experience, you are a confident leader with a keen eye for efficiency, innovation and change, as well as independent, and motivated by a challenge to drive results.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Supply Chain and Operations will:
- Be responsible to lead and manage operational planning for manufacturing and production including supply chain and inventory management, quality assurance and shipping and receiving.
- Oversee production and manufacturing
- Lead change management using advanced technology updates to yield rapid production increases and improve overall productivity.
- Drive operational excellence utilizing Lean, Six Sigma and current established methodologies
- Develop and lead the execution of an outsourced “contract” based manufacturing strategy that is aligned with the Supply Chain and Operations objectives, including delivery, quality, and cost
- Negotiate contracts and service level agreements for 3rd party suppliers and or service
- Be responsible for ensuring contract manufacturing network has the capacity and capabilities to support the growth of the business across current and future categories
- Establish and maintain future capacity planning projections and ensure production schedule attainment, track exceptions and drive resolutions with internal or external partners as required.
- Lead Supply Risk Management and Business Continuity
- Partner with internal groups in order to prioritize, schedule, and support project work required by the contract manufacturer to support cost savings, change mgmt., new product launches, etc.
- Lead inventory planning personnel to minimize shortages and improve inventory holdings
- Build and develop the manufacturing leadership and support team through mentorship and development
- all aspects of manufacturing, supply chain management, and out-sourcing, with control over inventory, quality, shipping, and receiving.
- In collaboration with the executive team analyze, develop, recommend and implement growth strategies
- Responsible for Operating Budget and related Profit/Loss.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators to measuring and optimize product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Promote the concept of best practices throughout the company.
- Promote and ensure high standards and adherence for safety
Management Leadership for Operations
- Oversee the use of and communication between backend office systems (CRM / Accounting / Visual) and Visual ERP
- Globally manage facility leases, safety, security, maintenance and repair, and vehicles
- Supervise Human Resource activities such as determining staffing requirements
- Support sales strategies and pricing through cost modeling, cost identification, customer and product demand analysis and reporting
- Review financial statements and sales and department reports
- Prepare plans and budgets with a keen eye on increasing margins by reducing production and operating costs
- Lead and manage office activities internal information systems, contract management, supply chain management, teambuilding and corporate reporting
- Own product, capacity, quality, and escalations at the CM level and drive appropriate root cause countermeasures to fix the problem(s).
- Facilitate weekly, monthly and quarterly operating reviews to ensure adherence to key business metrics at the CM’s. Be able to drive improvements and maintain metrics for forecast accuracy, inventory valuation, capacity utilization and cost savings.
- Lead all process improvement activities across multiple CM’s to drive continuous improvement as it supports OPI’s business objective and corporate goals.
- Assist in the negotiation of supplier contracts or service arrangements.
- 10 + years of demonstrated progressive senior-level operations management experience.
- Preferably with a company or companies that utilize remote wireless technology, international product distribution, and / or agriculture related product manufacturing business.
- A post-secondary degree, or an equivalent and comparable combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated corporate level experience successfully leading organizational growth.
- Experience with the development, implementation and application of productivity measurement tools and systems (e.g. KPI’s, Lean Principles, Six Sigma…).
- Personal and professional integrity, initiative, passion for customer service and safety at all levels, and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Experience in the application of analysis, critical decision making and process improvement.
- Strong financial acumen, with previous P&L management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
OPIsystems Inc. (www.advancedgrainmanagement.com) is proud of the contribution we’ve made to the agricultural industry in Canada and around the world over our 35-year history. Our on-going commitment to advancing grain storage management has yielded numerous innovations to help the Agricultural industry feed the planet by protecting and optimize value. As a result, we’ve become the recognized world leading supplier of grain storage management solutions.
If interested in this role, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Manager