OPISystems Inc. has an immediate full-time opportunity for an Electronics Hardware Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for design, test, and updates to hardware. This role has a high level of responsibility such as recommending and overseeing the production and assembly of hardware prototypes. Other responsibilities include:
- Embedded Electronics, Hardware and Mechanical Design and Engineering
- Component Selection for Designs
- Project Management – Collaborative work with Developers and Engineers
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Sc. in Electrical Engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and design of a product and new product introduction.
- Strong understanding of processes and the design validation/product validation methodology.
- Experience designing for EMC and regulatory testing and approvals (CE, UL, IC, etc.), as well as maintaining those certifications.
- Working knowledge of electronic design for hazardous location deployment (dust).
- CAD, SolidWorks, and Altium drafting knowledge.
- Basic Firmware coding knowledge (Python) an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse projects
- Flexible, independent and self motivated
- Team player with strong analytical skills
- Structured, organized, and proud of thorough documentation
- Loves to tinker with electronics
- A passion for electronic technology testing and design validation
- Multi-year experience in a hands-on design and implementation role across different industries is preferred.
- The individual should possess a broad range of experiences to draw from.
- Experience with wired and wireless communications / “IoT”
- Passion for designing products that improve the customers’ business, experience, and production uptime
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Michelle Kimber, HR Generalist