OPIsystems Inc. has an immediate opening for two Embedded Software Engineer. The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of monitoring and control firmware for industry specific applications and systems. The Embedded Software Engineer plans, improves and manages software applications from inception to use. This can include designing detailed plans to ensure firmware is functioning properly. Preparation and creation of instructional technical manuscripts for firmware operation is a typical task, as is investigating bug reports from the field.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering), or Computer Science.
A candidate should be able to complete at least three of the following tasks well:
- Build and maintain responsive, adaptive, highly reliable firmware for monitoring and control systems.
- Maintain and develop unit and integration tests for key functions and components.
- Physically debug problems with embedded circuit boards.
- Assist QA with identifying root cause of bugs and possible solutions.
- Communicate with cloud team to ensure alignment of development initiatives, priorities, timing and coordination.
- Establish and evolve a firmware development process that will lead to the creation of reliable, verifiable, understandable software.
- Assist with planning and implementation of new features and functionality.
- Design network protocols.
- Contribute during design phases for new hardware, changes to existing hardware, and overall system architecture.
- Preparation and creation of Instructional Technical Manuscripts.
- Develop and maintain tools and procedures to keep deployed device’s firmware versions up to date.
Experience and Qualifications;
- 5+ years of commercial product development on reliable and fault-tolerant data acquisition, controls, or embedded systems.
- Programmed embedded processors
- Designed communications protocols for distributed computers.
- Written software for embedded SoC microprocessors.
- Worked with electrical schematics.
- Created builds with deterministic and reproducible outputs.
- Able to contribute to a strong culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience with scalability testing and protocol optimization for distributed control applications an asset.
- Adept in the use and management of Linux-based operating systems.
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter below, or forward your application to:
Attention: Michelle Kimber, HR Manager