OPIsystems Inc. is seeking an experienced Field Service Technician to join our Customer Success Team in our Calgary, Alberta office. OPI’s commitment to advancing grain storage management has yielded numerous innovations to help farmers and agribusiness protect and optimize the value of their stored grain assets. As a result, we’ve become the recognized world leading supplier of grain storage management solutions. Most recently, OPI launched OPI BLUE – putting 30 years of grain monitoring expertise in the palm of your hand via wireless/solar technology and cloud-based remote connectivity.
The Field Services Technician is responsible for on-site troubleshooting, inspecting OPI grain storage management systems and conducting preventative maintenance and repairs, based on a strong working knowledge of electronic technology systems. He or she will execute basic care, diagnose complex problems, plan and execute repairs, ordering necessary parts and supplies as required. This individual will make recommendations to clients based upon observed problems and or practical maintenance requirements.
This role supports markets in Canada, the United States and International.
Key Results Areas:
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
- Work at heights (On top of grain bins/silos) to check and test hardware and cables to determine system faults.
- Inspect and diagnose faults or malfunctions and determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Repair or replace hardware components using hand and power tools
- Complete RMA’s on hardware/equipment that need to be returned to OPI’s Production facility.
- Operate equipment for testing purposes or diagnose electronic failures
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing system
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications
- Perform scheduled yearly site maintenance
- Advise customers on work performed, general equipment condition, billable items and future repair requirements
- Complete service reports to document problems and work performed in a timely manner
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- (3-5) years of direct work experience in repairs and service
- Be willing to travel 2-3 weeks a month across North America, and potentially to global locations
- Understanding of farm operations would be an asset
- Must have software and computer skills
- Ability to work at heights up to 150 feet
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, managing his or her time and workflow
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Maintain lasting relationships with customers and dealers
- Experience with customer service preferred (both over the phone & face to face)
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
- First-Aid and Confined space training would be an asset & time management skills
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience.
If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please submit your application below, or forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Michelle Kimber, HR Manager
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.