For over 30 years OPIsystems Inc. has been the leader in grain storage management systems across 46 countries and with over 25,000 systems in field. OPIsystems has an immediate opening for a Professional Agrologist to work out of our Calgary, Alberta office.
The Grain Management Specialist is focused on providing superior technical information and knowledge to help our customers make better decisions for their businesses. They focus on the improvement of the process of farming in order to grow good variety crops which assists them to increase their crop yield, as well as educate them on grain storage management to ensure a proactive approach is taken to safeguard the highest possible return on customer’s grain assets with grain temperature and moisture monitoring.
Key Results & Activities:
R&D Technology Liaison & Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Devise on-site customer trials to field test features and functionality in OPI’s product line.
- Plan and execute projects that require a high degree of customer interaction.
- Represent and communicate the customer’s needs to the R&D group for various product development initiatives.
- Retrieve and analyze customer data while proactively promoting a value-added experience for the customer.
- Act as a product liaison to customers with a strong knowledge of product features and functionality; facilitates strong communication with the customer on behalf of the R&D group.
- Provide regular updates and feedback with respect to product functionality, configuration, operation, issues or required improvements.
- Obtain grain samples and generate custom grain curves for specific systems.
Customer Care/Technical Support Liaison
- Communicate with customers regarding their system, issues they may be having and assist in their full utilization and satisfaction with the product.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to customer care with respect to product operation, issues or required improvements.
- Assist by addressing customers’ grain management issues utilizing strong domain knowledge.
- Coordinate on-site visits to ensure an efficient use of time and resources.
- Support tech services with minor technical issues as efficiency dictates during site visits.
- Build and nurture relationships with dealers and customers to help promote and validate successful operation of customers systems.
- Prepare, with or without assistance, articles and newsletter documents for publication in farm magazines, dealer communications, etc.
- Present information to industry and internal stakeholders
Customer/Sales Support Liaison
- Support Customers on-site and over the phone to assist with their system setup, operation and analyzing results.
- Follow up with customers post-commissioning and provide installation inspection reports.
- Provide regular updates and feedback with respect to product operation, issues or required improvements.
- Provide in-person and web based training for dealers and customers on the advanced grain management benefits of OPI products with the emphasis on customer success.
- Support sales for strategic sales initiatives as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Sc. degree in Engineering/Technology/Agriculture Sciences
- Ag or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- First-hand agriculture background, especially with grain production and grain storage management.
- Knowledge of modern agriculture practices.
- Functional knowledge of computers and electronic equipment.
- Field experience in a high profile customer-facing role.
- Ability to effectively use MS Windows, Office, iPads and smartphones.
- Experience developing and implementing online training and/or help systems.
- Proven track record of exceeding internal or external expectations.
- Ability to manage projects and produce results.
- Must be able to comfortably be exposed to grain dust and heights common to grain storage facilities.
- Leadership skills in decision making and desire to drive customer satisfaction
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and eagerness to travel up to 60%. Predominantly the USA, possible overseas
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.