OPIsystems Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Cloud Developer. This position will be located in our Calgary, Alberta head office.
The Senior Cloud Developer will provide expertise and guidance within the development team. The candidate will have the opportunity to work a high-quality website and cloud data processor for use with an agricultural data acquisition and control system. In addition to being a technical expert, the senior cloud developer should be able to act as a scrum master, measure progress of a project and adjust as necessary and mentor team members and conduct performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain OPI Blue Cloud, an industry leading web application for advanced grain management
- Listen to the product owner’s vision, break that vision down to an implementable plan, then consider technical realities and adjust the vision to achieve the same goals in the most technically efficient way.
- Build highly reliable data processing software on a cloud AWS platform
- Design reliable and efficient databases
- Create websites that are pretty and viewable on many browsers
- Put reliable codes review, build, and test infrastructure in place
Subject Matter Expert
- Provide domain knowledge for tactical support in product development and assist strategically in the product and technology road maps.
- Exhibit technical and organizational excellence
- Troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to production issues
- Maintain and expand our suite of automated tests
- Champions application and development best practices within the team and to senior management
- Work closely with other members of the development team to create a shared understanding.
- Participate and contribute in meetings, discuss and present work accomplished and provide constructive feedback to help improve the team
- Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experiment with new technologies and attend conferences or courses. Educate your peers on what you have learned.
- Complete performance reviews
- Represent the platform team at the management table. Reporting on project progress. Setting and managing corporate priorities.
- Own systems integration; Internally, such as CRM, ERP, Quote Configurator, Channel Portal and Dashboards. Externally, such as developing API’s for integration to 3rd-party systems
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or software engineering disciplines
- Minimum six years’ experience developing interactive web-based applications and deploying to production.
- Unified modelling language (UML) experience
- Experience with data processing (Postgresdb, database synchronization, Cassandra, Rabbit MQ, Data Processing and analytics, Clustering and distributed processing, AWS, and Cloud Services, MQTT, Sockets, Google protobuf, business intelligence systems and DNS)
- Proficient in Linux (Docker, bash, firewalls, ssh, rpm/debs
- Experience in IoT-related applications is an asset
- Experience in a leadership role is an asset.
- Intimately familiar with configuring and managing Linux systems. Experience developing software in an embedded Linux environment is an asset.
- Confident using Git, github including solving merge conflicts, rebasing, Confluence, Jenkins/continuous integration, Artifactory, etc.
- believer in process. Passionate about Agile-based development methodologies, quality assurance, reliability and security.
- Experience hosting using commercial cloud services is an asset (e.g. AWS).
- Experience using JIRA for project management and issue tracking is an asset.
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@opisystems.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.