OPIsystems is looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join an established web application and IoT device development team.
The Full-Stack Developer will provide cross-functional expertise and guidance within the engineering department but will work most closely with the front-end team. We are looking for a highly-competent mid-career developer to take a strong role in an established team who is intimately familiar with basic crypto and ssh.
- Develop and maintain OPI Blue, an industry leading web application for advanced grain management.
Subject Matter Expert
- Provides domain knowledge for tactical support in product development and assist strategically in the product and technology roadmaps.
- Champions application and development best practices within the team and to senior management. Works closely with other members of the development team to create shared understanding.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience developing interactive web-based applications and deploying to production. Experience in IoT-related applications is an asset, including firmware development for embedded-devices. Experience in a leadership role is an asset.
- Intimately familiar with configuring and managing Linux systems. Experience developing software in an embedded Linux environment is an asset.
- Experience administering and tuning SQL DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL), including creating database schemas and queries. Experience with NoSQL is an asset (e.g. Cassandra).
- Experience configuring and tuning web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx) and deploying web applications.
- Confident using Git, including solving merge conflicts, rebasing, etc.
- A believer in process. Passionate about Agile-based development methodologies, quality assurance, reliability, and security.
- Experience hosting using commercial cloud services is an asset (e.g. AWS).
- Experience using JIRA for project management and issue tracking is an asset.
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@opisystems.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.