The User Experience/User Interface Designer is part of a team responsible to develop and maintain web applications and digital media. The role is responsible for the business analysis of user requirements and the translation of these into a great user experience. The UX/UI Designer will produce the user stories, the electronic content architecture and user interface designs which are scalable, high performance and offer a great user experience. This role will work with a solution throughout the lifecycle of a requirement with stakeholders, subject matter experts, project management, developers, quality assurance analysts and final training. The UX/UI Designer will also be involved in producing graphics and images for use in other electronic and print media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and document application requirements for delivering web application content and applications to OPI’s users, customers and partners.
- Maintain the digital style guide for electronic and print media visualization to OPI’s users.
- UI design for mobile-responsive web application.
- Provide development assistance while integrating UI design to platform, and provide quality assurance input through development and optimization phase.
- Create New Promotional Banners, email images, and advertisements to support web and print promotions, while staying within brand standards.
- Design wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for new web initiatives.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and design methodologies to accelerate and improve web application and content development methodologies.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other team members to understand and refine product requirements.
- Develop new ways to balance aesthetics with technical platform capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvements in planning, design, development and testing as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in web and internet content technologies, graphics design and business analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in user research gathering and translation to visual design.
- Working knowledge of design for web applications, responsive and adaptive design.
- Extensive experience in developing wireframes, mock-ups and working prototypes using application modeling tools.
- Experience in documenting the user experience and requirements in agile user stories using tools such as JIRA Agile and StoriesOnBoard.
- Experience in documenting application and user requirements and translating those requirements into functional user interface models while keeping a high degree of user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems spanning multiple technology and architectural disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work toward team deliveries and overall team success.
- Experience with building applications which aid in the analysis of large sets of data through various visualizations such as graphs, charts, 3D representations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse tasks and deliverables within one or more projects
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Team player with strong analytical skills
- An interest in and passion for information technology, and the internet.
- A passion for driving experiences that solve the needs of users with balancing business goals.
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@opisystems.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.