OPIsystems Inc., is seeking a Western Canadian Technical Sales Representative that will be responsible for supporting Western Canadian sales growth and dealer support. The Western Canadian Technical Support Rep. will be responsible for the following:
- Increase product/brand awareness
- Support dealer network
- On-farm visits and dealer events
- Dealer support – high level troubleshooting and installs
On-site troubleshooting, inspecting OPI grain storage management systems and conducting preventative maintenance and repairs, based on a strong working knowledge of electronic technology systems. He or she will execute basic care, diagnose complex problems, plan and execute repairs, ordering necessary parts and supplies as required. This individual will make recommendations to clients based upon observed problems and or practical maintenance requirements.
- Representing OPI at various dealer locations to provide ongoing support of product knowledge, sales and marketing.
- Training dealer sales staff to ensure product knowledge is current and sales actions are accurate
- Joint sales calls with dealer staff to visit end users and demonstrate product features and benefits
- Coordinate dealer technical training
- Primary responsibility for small to mid-sized accounts, including relationship building, ordering/bookings, general product support
- Support DSM with larger account management
- Assist in achievement of territory sales targets by leveraging the relationships with the dealer partners
- Engage in industry events
- Attend tradeshows and conferences
- Support the Western Canadian Districts Sales Manager
- Going to customer sites to support OPI’s dealers
- Answering any technical questions and understanding the prospects needs to recommend the right solutions for their farm.
- Providing quoting support for the dealers
On-Site Technical Support
- Working with OPI’s customer and technical support team to assist customers in the field.
- Assisting in simple on-farm fixes
- Minor installations and repairs on OPI systems; repair or replace hardware components using hand and power tools
- Test and adjust repaired systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 2-3 years of direct work experience in repairs, service or installs preferred
- Be willing to travel 2-3 weeks a month across Western Canada
- Understanding of farm operations would be an asset
- Must have software and computer skills
- Ability to work at heights up to 150 feet
- Ability to learn new technology and repair systems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Maintain lasting relationships with customers and dealers
- Experience with customer service preferred (both over the phone & face to face)
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
- First-Aid and Confined space training would be an asset
This position can be based in Alberta or Saskatchewan.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.